Segment I – Listen to Podcast
Launched in Spring 2017, Georgia State University’s B.I.S. in Social Entrepreneurship equips students with an entrepreneurial mindset to solve social issues. Lee Kantor of Business RadioX sat down with Dr. Nelson Pizarro, Elijah Sullivan and Jasmin Chestnut to speak on those entrepreneurial opportunities available to students across campus such as the newly established Social Entrepreneurship Club.
• Dr. Nelson Pizarro: Director of B.I.S. in Social Entrepreneurship, Associate Professor of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, and CEO of EcoStatic Industries LLC
• Elijah Sullivan: GSU Student and President of Georgia State University’s Social Entrepreneurship Club
• Jasmin Chestnut: GSU Student and Member of Georgia State University’s Social Entrepreneurship Club
Segment II – Listen to Podcast
Being located in the heart of downtown, Georgia State University and the Robinson College of Business is committed to getting students closer to business, especially with Atlanta’s flourishing entrepreneurial activity. Lee Kantor of Business RadioX sat down with Dean Richard Phillips, Jeanine McDonald and Luis Ferrer-Labarca to discuss Georgia State’s and Robinson’s commitment to providing student entrepreneurs with the resources they need to succeed.
• Richard Phillips: Dean of the Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University
• Jeanine McDonald: GSU Student and Founder of Suzi Soma Chokers
• Luis Ferrer-Labarca (B.S. ’18): Co-Founder of BitCraft
Segment III – Listen to Podcast
Beyond campus, the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Institute has connections with several entrepreneurial organizations including TiE Atlanta and Entrepreneurs Organization (EO). Lee Kantor of Business RadioX sat down with Samir Patel, Paul Lopez and Sigourney Chavez to inform students how to leverage these organizations’ mentorship, networks and opportunities.
• Samir Patel: Owner of Thrive Logistics, Inc. and Instructor of Entrepreneurship
• Paul Lopez: President of TiE Atlanta
• Sigourney Chavez: GSU Student and Co-Founder of Zen Pod
Segment IV – Listen to Podcast
Funded by a $22.8 dollar grant from the Robert W. Woodruff Foundation, the Creative Media Industry Institute (CMII) at Georgia State University brings the creative industry closer to campus through virtual reality, augmented reality, game design and other immersive technologies. Lee Kantor of Business RadioX sat down with Brennan Dicker, Dave Beck and Quinn Randel to learn more about ongoing projects and initiatives at CMII.
• Brennan Dicker: Executive Director of the Creative Media Industry Institute (CMII) at Georgia State University
• Dave Beck: Founder and Managing Partner of Foundry45
• Quinn Randel: GSU Student and Digital Media Specialist at Foundry45